She Sir, A. Sinclair, Magic Rockers of Texas, Moving Panoramas, Letting Up Despite Great Faults, and more.
@ Mohawk – inside and outside (912 Red River St.)
With a massive show during a massive weekend, Mohawk plays host to eight local acts on Saturday.
- She Sir: Fifteen years into their existence, this four-piece continues to deliver soulful, emotional shoegaze.
- A. Sinclair: Indie rock with a summery, danceable rhythm and sway.
- Magic Rockers of Texas: Hi-fi, fuzz-laden garage rock designed to move hips and knock heads.
- Chill Russell: Alternative rock peppered with psychedelic soundscapes centers this band’s signature sound.
- Matthew Logan Vasquez: The frontman to indie rocking Delta Spirit combines soul, southern rock, and electronic pop to create something entirely exceptional.
- Mike and the Moonpies: This down-home Texas honky-tonk group tells stories of life, loss, and family with a hint of Waylon Jennings snarl.
- Moving Panoramas: Bouncy shoegaze with a pop sensibility, Moving Panoramas’ 2016 LP, “One,” complements sunny drives to Corpus or rainy afternoons equally well.
- Letting Up Despite Great Faults: A combination of 80’s synth, 90’s shoegaze, and bass licks worthy of The Cure. One of my favorite local music discoveries last year.
Sunday, July 16
Major Grizz, Swimming with Bears, Hours Quiet
@ Stubb’s Indoors (801 Red River St.)
As the inaugural Hot Summer Nights festival slows to a close, quality music is still readily available. Our Sunday Funday recommendation is a combination of Major Grizz’s in-your-face post punk, Swimming With Bears’ funkified soul rock, and the soaring electronic pulse of Hours Quiet. Close out the festival, and the weekend, with these gems of Austin music.
@BillTuckerTSP wants to know:
What local music show are you looking forward to this weekend in Austin?
We always have unique content on the Austinot, and we love to give things away. You know, like CDs, event tickets and other cool stuff. We only send out our Best of the Austinot newsletter two times/month. It’s where we give you a recap of our best articles and give stuff away. Interested? Subscribe to Best of the Austinot here!