Most of our readers live in Austin. Those who don’t wish they did. Wine Enthusiast Magazine is running a contest that should appeal to you no matter where you live, and it’s super easy to enter.
The winner of Tito’s Handmade Vodka Contest will receive:
- Round-trip flight for two to Austin (obviously this wouldn’t apply to locals)
- Three days and two nights at the San Jose Hotel for two
- Private tour of Tito’s Handmade Vodka Distillery with the brand’s founder, Tito Beveridge (believe it or not, that’s the guy’s name!)
- $200 at Ranch 616
- $200 at La Condesa
- $50 at Kung Fu Saloon
- $50 at the Continental Club
- $50 at Cedar Street Courtyard
How to Enter
Entering is super easy.
- Visit the contest’s web page.
- Connect with your Facebook account.
- Submit the name of your favorite vodka cocktail. This will unlock 7 other ways to earn additional entries. Most of them only take a click, like following Tito’s Vodka on Twitter or liking their page on Facebook. Other entries take a bit more work, but they also award more points.
The deadline for entry is November 4th.
A Little More About Tito’s Handmade Vodka
Tito’s Handmade Vodka came about by accident. In the early 90’s, founder Tito Beveridge started making vodka to give as Christmas presents to his friends. This sparked his interest in pursuing his craft with purpose. Through trial, error and experimentation, this one-man show came up with what Tito believed to be the best-tasting vodka available.
Tito now produces his product at Texas’ oldest legal distillery, using an old-fashioned pot still.
At the Austinot, we love stories like this. We may just have to enter the contest ourselves for a chance to meet Tito!
What do you think of Tito’s Handmade Vodka?
Photos via WineMag.com and Flickr CC, courtesy of Cheri Lucas and Mary Hodder.