Click Play on the podcast player above to listen to this week’s episode of the Austinot Podcast!
Early this week, we had the exciting privilege of visiting Horseshoe Bay Resort on Lake LBJ, and spending the night. To be honest, we had never heard of Horseshoe Bay Resort before arranging our trip. But once we got out there, we couldn’t believe what we had been missing!
Here’s just a taste of what we learned in 24 hours at Horseshoe Bay:
- This AAA 4 Diamond Marriott resort is set on 7,000 acres in Texas Hill Country.
- Right off of Hwy 71 West an hour from Austin, and with it’s own private airfield, you’ll never have a problem getting there quickly from Austin.
- Guests of the resort can take advantage of a marina with jet
ski, banana boat, stand-up paddle board and other day rentals.
- The Yacht Club is home to a restaurant, a white sand beach and a pool overlooking Horseshoe Bay.
- There is so much for kids to do, with three kid-sized tennis courts, three pools, 30 exotic birds, bike rentals, a gameroom, an 18-hole putt putt course and organized activities every day.
- This is a perfect wedding spot, with a beautiful palm-lined plaza and a spa on site with extensive services.
If it sounds like we’re raving, we kinda are. Horseshoe Bay Resort really has something for everyone – why has it been kept a secret for so long?
Make sure you listen to our podcast episode at the top of this article, for more about our visit.
This Year’s July 4th Celebration
Horseshoe Bay’s July 4th celebration could be the perfect opportunity for you to experience the resort for the first time. This is going to be a crazy party, but not so crazy that you can’t take your kids and in-laws if you want!
The celebration runs from July 3-7, 2012. It will feature:
- The 6th Annual Red, White & Blue BBQ
- A land parade with antique cars, horse drawn carriages and floats
- A boat parade featuring decorated watercraft (awesome fact: 80 military veterans will be participating)
- Family Fun Day with a rock-climbing wall, a water slide and other fun features
- Kids Carnival with all the essentials: a dunk tank, cotton candy, a moonwalk and more
- Live musical entertainment
The climax of the festivities will happen on July 4th (of course!), with an 18-minute fireworks show over the lake. The fireworks will begin at 9:30, with choreographed music playing on KITY Radio for all the folks watching.
Horseshoe Bay Resort has a special package for those who want to enjoy July 4th with them. Visit their site for rates and special details.
We couldn’t believe how refreshed we felt after only a day at the resort. We all tend to keep ourselves a bit too busy, don’t we? If you’re looking for a spot to unwind this Summer, we can’t encourage you enough to check out what Horseshoe Bay Resort has to offer. And tell them The Austinot sent you!
Have you made plans for July 4th?
Photos courtesy of Horseshoe Bay Resort.
Disclosure: We received a complimentary night’s stay and a complimentary dinner at the Horseshoe Bay Resort.