Looking for a way to spice up your quarantine routine and support small Austin businesses during the pandemic? Lift Austin businesses up in their time of need with virtual experiences.
Editor’s note: This article previously featured the BeenThere Locals online platform; however, BeenThere is no longer hosting online classes/tastings. But, there are still a lot of great online experiences being offered by Austin businesses, as listed below.
Talk about a perfect date night idea! Grab your partner, family member, or roommate and sign up for a fun online class or tasting.
Survival of the Swiftest
These Austin local experiences delight your inner foodie and satisfy your need to throw a lifeline to our beloved Austin local businesses!
More businesses are coming up with unique experiences all the time. Prices vary depending on the experience, and all proceeds go to the expert or business leading the online experience. Some classes come with meal or drink kits, and others provide a list of materials or ingredients needed for the class.
- Check out these online tastings with House Wine‘s Sommelier, Blake Ethridge
- Make your own sushi with Uroko’s owner/chef, Masazumi Saio
- Take your pick from the various Antonelli’s Cheese tastings
- Bake Austin offers online kid’s classes, virtual parties, and adult classes
- Private Customizable Cooking Class with The Naked Bite (vegan and gluten-free)
We are eager to support each other in these difficult times because ordering takeout from our favorite local restaurants or buying gift cards online can make a huge difference. So let’s add taking a class or attending an online tasting to our list of helpful, fun, and enriching things to do!
What virtual classes or tastings have you attended during quarantine?