Last Saturday, the North Austin Trailer Yard (NATY) opened up at W. Anderson and Lamar Blvd. – in the Planet Fitness parking lot.
Austinites swarmed to the city’s newest food truck conglomeration to exercise their taste buds and see the haps.
The food trailers currently located at NATY are:
- Johnny T’s BBQ (Mouthwatering Texas BBQ)
- Snarky’s Moo Baa Oink (sandwiches)
- KraK2 (gourmet doughnuts)
- Genuine Joe (coffee and fresh smoothies)
- Big Fat Greek Gyros (traditional Greek food)
- The Dog House (hot dogs and shaved ice)
- Michi Ramen (authentic Japanese noodles)
As I walked around the 10,000 square foot area, all I heard were food recommendations and compliments. Though the day was on the warm side, the shaded tables kept the sun from outshining the food, and allowed visitors to mingle and converse.
(What’s that? You want my food recommendations?! I will say that the fragrances coming from Big Fat Greek Gyros carried all the way to Town Lake…and that Michi Ramen has 5 stars on Yelp. But seriously, I’ve heard nothing but good things about every food truck at NATY.)
The North Austin Trailer Yard has features that many other yards don’t.
Here are a few that you might be interested in:
- A fenced play area for children
- Bathrooms (well, Porta-Potties)
- A huge parking lot with no meters to mess with
- Free wi-fi
The parking and wi-fi are a huge plus for me. Finding parking down on E. 6th for a CoolHaus sammie or Way South Philly is totally hit-or-miss. And what other trailer yards have free wi-fi?
This place is a big hit, and folks in North Austin are really happy to have a quality Trailer Food park in their neck of the woods.
The hours of operation for NATY are Monday-Saturday, 7 AM-9 PM. I definitely encourage you to check it out soon!
So what are your thoughts? Will you stop by NATY this week?