Click Play on the podcast player above to listen to this week’s episode of the Austinot Podcast.
It’s a bit harder to tell when Movember hits Austin because weird moustaches dot our landscape every time of the year.
But this international movement in support of men’s health is in full swing, and there are still a bunch of Movember Austin events to participate in before the month ends. You can check out our podcast episode for all the details. Here are the basics:
- Kyle, Texas Movember event at Milt’s Pit BBQ: Movember 24th from 6-10 PM. Wood-smoked barbecue, live music, a silent auction and free beer while it lasts.
- Million Mo March at the Texas State Capitol: Movember 27th at 12 PM. March around the Capitol with your whole family to raise awareness for Movember.
- SoCo Mo Happy Hour at Handlebar: Movember 28th from 6-9 PM.
- Official Movember Austin Gala Parte at Emo’s: Movember 30th from 8 PM-1 AM. Movember costumes, Movember Austin awards, and a celebration of our month-long campaign. Tickets required.
- Moustache vs. moustache event at Festival Beach: December 1st at 9 AM.
- Final Movember party at Bungalow on Rainey St.: December 1st at 7 PM. Raffles, silent auction, shave-downs.
Even if you didn’t grow a moustache, or you can’t because you’re a girl (well, hopefully you can’t), you’re invited to these events. We’re all in this for the same reason: to encourage the men in our lives to talk about vital topics that they normally avoid. Here’s a video from our Austin friend, Joe, that reveals his Movember moustache and also addresses the importance of this movement:
And don’t forget that Torchy’s Tacos is giving a portion of their Taco of the Month proceeds to Movember this month.
Also EcoClean Austin is giving 5% of sales from each Wednesday in Movember to the cause!
How are you participating in Movember this year?