Click on the Play button on the podcast player above to listen to this week’s episode of the Austinot Podcast.
SXSW 2013 has hit the city, and Austinites are divided in their response. Should we flee downtown, or enter the madness to celebrate the latest innovations and creations in tech, music and film?
You know we’re explorers at heart, so you shouldn’t be surprised that we pick the latter. Today on the Austinot Podcast, we’ll tell you about free SXSW events that are open to the public (read: you don’t need a badge, though the time you spend in line may equal the time it takes to drive between the Capitol and the Congress Bridge at rush hour).
And as always, we’ll be answering your eccentric and fascinating Austin-related questions. Thanks to everyone who continues to send in questions via our social networking platforms. We love hearing from you, and we love tackling your questions and getting to know the city with you.
Here are the questions we answer on our podcast episode today:
- “Where can I find good Jamaican food in town?” -John King, Facebook
- “What is your favorite place to eat with a great city view?” -Christine Blohm, Facebook
- “Where can I find a game of broomball in Austin?” -Sommer Chaka, Facebook
- “Where’s everyone’s favorite dog park in Austin?” -Nicole’s Dog Walking and Pet Care Services, Facebook
- “How’s the Tower Amphitheater going to play out? Will it bring larger acts to town and be successful?” -B. Scott Manning, Facebook
- “Okay, you’ve convinced me not to flee the scene this weekend. What kind of free (non-badge) SXSW stuff is there this weekend?” -Michelle Hermark, Facebook
Hope you enjoy the episode and learn something about Austin!
Hit us up with your Austin-related questions! What do you want to know?
Red Bud Isle photo by Jim Nix at Nomadic Pursuits.