In a world of automation and digital stimulation, the art of working and creating with our hands is lost to the majority of people.
Tune in to this week’s episode of the Austinot Podcast to hear how the Austin Mini Maker Faire is creating a forum for talented local makers to connect with Austinites who appreciate the beauty of the DIY mindset.
Visit the Austin Mini Maker Faire this weekend (May 12, 2012) with your family, friends or even by yourself, and get the opportunity to:
- See the world’s most technologically-advanced hula hoop
- Create a magnetic bookmark
- Listen to entertaining and eclectic musical groups
- Make crafts out of recycled materials
- Learn how to solder
- Find out all the weird things you can do with homemade gummy
And that’s barely getting started!
We hope you’ll check out the Faire and let us know what you think! You can find out all the details by listening to our podcast, including how you can save $3-5 dollars off your ticket.
Until next week…