Click the Play button on the podcast player above to listen to this week’s episode of the Austinot Podcast!
Austin may not be the largest city around, but there’s still so much going on that it’s challenging to keep up!
We normally cover a specific event or topic during a podcast episode, but this week we’re trying something new. We collected interesting questions that we’ve been asked recently on Facebook and Twitter, and we’re giving the answers on our podcast episode!
Here are today’s questions:
- “Whatever happened to Armadillo World Headquarters?” -Cindy Sapp, Facebook
- “What does the Austinot do for ATX hip-hop?” -@BlaxSmith, Twitter
- “Why do Thai food restaurants insist on no windows and bad decor?”
- “Are there any large companies in Austin?” -Celeste Griffin, Facebook
Question: Valentine’s Day Events?
The last question we answered was sent in by Kendra Wright on Facebook. She wanted to know whether there are any funky or cool events for singles on Valentine’s Day. You’ll want to listen to our full answer on the podcast, but here are the two events we suggested:
- Speed Friending Valentine’s Day Party at Banger’s on Rainey St.
- Be Yours – A Bitter Sweet Valentine’s Day Party at Avenue on Congress
We’d love to hear what you think of our new podcast format. It’s not for us – it’s for you! So your feedback is appreciated. Let us know in the comments, and feel free to ask any Austin-related questions. Who knows, you might hear the answer in our next episode!
Cover photo by Hunter Pontius. Banger’s photo via Flickr CC, courtesy of Shrie Bradford Spangler.