Click Play on the podcast player above to listen to this week’s episode of the Austinot Podcast!
In 1982, Beau Theriot opened a small burger shop overlooking Lake Travis. Thirty years later, we know The Oasis as a pleasant getaway with a gorgeous view, offering much more than burgers!
This Saturday night, September 22nd, The Oasis will be celebrating its 30th birthday with a party worthy of the 80′s. Entry is free and doors open at 6 PM. Here’s what you can expect:
- Live 80′s music from Airwave 80′s, starting at 7:30 PM.
- If that’s not enough, there will be old school music videos showing as well. They’re sure to inspire you to bust some classic dance moves.
- Costumes! They’re not required, but they are strongly encouraged. What’s an 80′s party without side-ponytails, leg warmers and some serious neon?
- The best costumes will be awarded somewhere around 9 PM, with The Oasis gift cards ranging up to $150.
- Free birthday cake!
- St. PJ’s Children’s Home from San Antonio will be set up at the party. They’ll be receiving a portion of the evening’s proceeds.
- Somewhere in The Oasis Village, Austinot Eric will be spinning some 80′s tunes as DJ Knekt. We think he’ll be set up at Texas Treasures, so come say hi!
This is a great opportunity to celebrate and support an Austin-area icon. Peg your jeans and get ready for this blast to the past. And make sure you listen to our podcast episode via the podcast player above for more details and costume tips!
Find The Oasis at 6550 Comanche Trail, about half an hour from Austin on Lake Travis.
Where were you in 1982?
Photos via Flickr CC, courtesy of David P Brown, John Pozadzides and scourmont77.