Discovering Austin, TX is a great adventure to be on. Here at the Austinot, it’s what we do every day. The Austinot is not a typical blog that posts every now and then. For us, discovering Austin is our full-time job.
We love to get the word out about everything related to Austin, TX and we are just getting started!
40,000+ Pageviews in May Alone on Our Austin Blog
The word is getting out! In May 2012 alone (our fourth month blogging full-time), we had over 40,000 pageviews on the Austinot!
It’s humbling when we run into strangers who are talking about our blog. It’s happened several times recently. Someone even asked one of us to take a photo with them! Hey, we aren’t celebrities. We’re just local Austinites who are sharing what we love about the city.
But we are always looking for Austin, TX article ideas! If you have a recommendation, let me know! Just toss a comment at the end of this post with your suggestion.
Discover Austin, TX with The Austinot
Ready for our list of 7 Must Read Topics? We’ve had a lot of fun getting to know the folks behind these spots and organizations. Click on any link below to discover Austin, TX with us.
Swimming Holes: This is going to come as a surprise I’m sure, but Austin, TX gets pretty hot in the summer months. Fortunately, there are some great local spots to cool down. One of our favorite things to do is hit up the local area swimming holes. If you want the inside scoop on Hamilton Pool, Barton Springs, Deep Eddy, Blue Hole, or Jacob’s Well, you should check out our podcast on these places.
Austin City Limits: One of the main reasons Austin is known as the “Live Music Capital of the World” is because of the 38 year run of Austin City Limits. One of the most fascinating people I’ve met in Austin is Tom Gimbel, the General Manager of ACL. I got the inside scoop on how he got the job. See my exclusive interview with Tom Gimbel here.
Food Trucks: A huge part of the Austin culture is the local food truck and trailer scene. NATY, North Austin Trailer Yard, is among the newest of food trailer spots. I also did a post on some of the best Philly cheesesteaks this side of Philly. If you think you want to try something that’s nothing short of amazing, click here.
- Austin Coffee Shops: Ever wanted to know where the best local Austin coffee shops are? Look no further, we’ve reviewed a bunch of them. In our coffee shop articles, we review the vibe, the coffee and the baristas that make each location uniquely Austin.
Austin Tex-Mex: We were asked to review Tex-Mex restaurants in Austin. The result was five reviews that give an honest take on local Tex-Mex joints. Click on any of the following links to read a review: El Mercado, Taqueria Arandas, Chuy’s, Trudy’s, Maudie’s. We also recently found La Mexicana Bakery, which has what we think are some of the best breakfast tacos in town.
- Make the Most of Austin: There’s simply so much to do in and around the city of Austin that there should never be a day when you’re sitting around with nothing to do. Refer to our podcast episode about 7 of our favorite things to do in the city that are either really cheap or free if you need some tips.
Non-Profits: There are many non-profit organizations making a difference in Austin. Click on any of these links to learn about some awesome non-profits that we’ve found: Radiant Cosmetics, Cancer Connection, Ronald McDonald House Charities of Austin and Friends of the House, Superhero Kids, S.M.I.L.E. and Stereotype Apparel.
Ready for the Ride?
As we continue to discover Austin, we hope you’ll join us along the way.
Here are a few ways to stay up to date and get involved:
- Subscribe to our blog.
- If you like what we are doing, consider sponsoring the Austinot.
- Join us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Invite us out to an event or your business.
- Get to know a little bit more about us.
- What place would you like to see a post about?
- What event would you like to know more about?
- Is there anyone in Austin that you’d like to read an interview about?